The Nitty Gritty…
Please have a good read through the terms and conditions before booking.
BOOKINGS & PAYMENTS
- Dates are booked on a first come first serve basis.
- In order to confirm your event date, service booking and acceptance of quotation, confirmation via email and non-refundable 50% deposit is required.
- Once confirmation of quote and deposit payment is received, we will email an invoice reflecting the payment dates of deposit paid and when final payment is due
- 50% non-refundable deposit is payable 8 months, or otherwise stipulated, before your trial and wedding day.
- Final payment is due 1 calendar month prior to the wedding day.
- You agree that by paying your non-refundable reservation fee you are agreeing and accepting to be bound to The Makeup Touch’s terms and conditions.
- Failure to make payments within the agreed time frame, may result in the cancellation of your booking.
- Bookings made with less than 1 calendar month before the event are payable in full upon booking to secure the date.
- Proof of Payments must all be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All road travel to trials and the wedding day is charged at the individual artist(s) recommended AA rates for their specific vehicle.
- Congestion, toll and parking charges may apply and will be quoted accordingly or where necessary paid in cash on the day.
- In the event that additional artists are required to ensure services are completed in time, travel costs will be charged for additional travel that may incur. Whether this is as a result of travelling separately to the wedding venue or partially to a meeting point for joint travel.
- If the final information is not available at the time the initial invoice is emailed or venue details change, the travel costs will be updated and added to the invoice sent for final payment.
- Any last-minute changes to venue/prep venue or travel requirements thereafter will need to be settled before the day of the wedding.
- Early morning bookings where the start time is before 6am for any reason, R1000.00 surcharge will be charged.
- Accommodation close to the wedding venue may be required for the night before the wedding if; journey time is over 2.5 hours one way, the start time is 6am or earlier, or there are other foreseeable events/delays.
- One or more assistant artists will be required for large bookings under these variations;
- Bookings that exceed 3x hair and makeups or 6 individual hair and/or makeup services.
- Where there isn’t enough time to get everyone ready in the available time frame.
- If the venue has access time restrictions.
- To offer a later/more relaxed start time.
- If an assistant is needed for a trial – travel will be charged as per the standard trial travel costs stated above.
- The Makeup Touch shall be responsible for providing all additional Makeup Artists / Hair Stylists / Assistants for large bridal parties in order to perform the services required in an appropriate time frame.
- Trials are offered once the wedding date has been secured with the deposit fee or the minimum trial fee including travel costs..
- Trials are held at your home or most convenient address.
- Weekend trials – Trials are not available on weekends as this is reserved for weddings and event bookings. However, Sunday trials can be booked with a R500 surcharge and at the sole discretion of The Makeup Touch.
- Trials are optional for the bride but we strongly recommend one so you can feel comfortable and relaxed on your wedding day.
- Trials for additional members of the bridal party or special guests will be charged as a standard booking and as per the individual service rates for.
- In the unfortunate event that you, or any of your bridal party, decide after your trial that you are not satisfied, please send Tammy – email@example.com an email within 12 hours so that any issue can be resolved. After this time a repeat appointment will need to be booked at full price if this is what is required. Refunds cannot be given on work that has already been carried out or for the stipulated non-refundable payments mentioned above that have already been made.
IF YOU CANCEL OR CHANGE THE BOOKING
- All changes to a booking, need to be made via email and by the bride only.
- Payments for work that has already been carried out is non-refundable.
- Deposits are non-refundable should you change or cancel the wedding date.
- Additional services need to be sent in written form by means of an email a minimum of 1 month prior to the wedding date and can only be accepted if time/resources allow. Reductions to services made after this time will still be payable in full and are at the discretion of The Makeup Touch. Reductions that result in additional artists no longer required will still be payable in full with no exceptions.
- Postponements will result in a R2000.00 surcharge for a new reservation date.
- Postponements that are being made due to a wedding date falling within a government enforced lockdown will be transferred without a R2000.00 surcharge. This will only apply if the religious ceremony is no longer allowed to take place and is deemed illegal at the time of your wedding date.
- Any bookings that postpone to a different year will be subject to a slight yearly price increase.
- In the unfortunate event that you have to cancel your booking completely:
- Cancelling within 3 months of the agreed wedding date = 50% of the remaining balance still due by the original due date.
- Cancelling 1 month or less prior to the wedding day = 100% of the balance still due.
- In the event that you have undergone a Covid-19 test and have not received conclusive results 12 hours before the agreed artist(s) arrival time, you will forfeit your booking with no refund. Travel costs will be refunded.
- Any Covid-19 symptoms that you (the bride) or members of your bridal party and those in personal contact with any members booked for Hair & Makeup services must be disclosed directly with Tammy – 072 620 8418 with urgency in order to make the necessary arrangements.
- In the event that you or any members booked for Hair & Makeup services are showing symptoms, a negative test result must be provided before any services will be carried out.
IF WE CANCEL OR CHANGE THE BOOKING
- In the unfortunate event that we are unable to attend on the day, due to illness or for last minute, unforeseen circumstances all efforts will be made to find an alternative stylist/artist to stand in.
- In the unlikely event that we cannot find a replacement artist, monies (excluding money paid for work already carried out) will be fully refunded.
- If an assisting artist is needed for large bridal parties and they are unable to attend due to unforeseen circumstances we may ask for an earlier start time to accommodate original numbers, or a refund can be offered on services that have been forfeited.
- The Makeup Touch reserves the right to cancel a booking following a trial, without a refund of the deposit, in circumstances where the client is uncooperative/makes it difficult to carry out our work or is booked under false pretences i.e., for an event or other purpose.
IN THE EVENT OF DELAYS ON THE WEDDING DAY
- The Makeup Touch cannot be held accountable in the event of unforeseen delays on the day which are out of their control.
- In the event that one or more services are forfeited as a result, no compensation/refunds can be offered if timings over-run.
- If you are aware of factors which could delay or hinder our journey, please advise us as soon as possible so we can factor this into our route. We cannot be held responsible for any unforeseen factors.
- No refund or compensation can be offered for delays caused by other wedding vendors, guests, or members of the bridal party arriving late to begin our service.
- If you suspect any member of your bridal party may be a challenge in any way, it’s encouraged for them to have a trial to avoid potential delays on the day.
PRODUCTS / SENSITIVITIES
- The client must inform The Makeup Touch of any allergies / sensitivities / skin conditions before any services are carried out. This includes before the trial and afterwards if any sensitivities / problems may occur.
- Client(s) agree to release The Makeup Touch, owners and artists supplied, from liability and will not be held responsible for any breakouts, allergic reactions, skin sensitivity or any other skin complications that may occur. Skin patch allergy testing can be arranged beforehand if required.
- Discounts cannot be given on services if you want to use your own products on the day. We also cannot be held liable for the performance and longevity of your personal products if used.
- Brushes, applicators, styling tools and makeup products are kept sanitized and strict hygiene protocols are followed at all times during makeup and hair services.
PREPARATION FOR THE WEDDING DAY
- To carry out all hair and makeup services, The Makeup Touch will need a minimum of; a cleared table/flat surface to set up on, power plug point and chair for the client to sit in.
- 15 minutes is allocated to set up and be ready in time to start services. If suitable conditions are not provided, The Makeup Touch cannot be held responsible for delays if time is lost due to this.
- Ladies need to arrive with a freshly washed, moisturised and makeup-free face. Hair must be prepped according to the guidelines stipulated on the Wedding schedule provided by The Makeup Touch.
- Please refrain from using your phone during your makeup application.
USE OF IMAGES & VIDEOS
The Makeup Touch may use on its website – and/or in any brochure, flyer, social media accounts or as any other advertising it deems necessary – any and all photographs, video, audio and any other digitally or chemically stored media that is captured or recorded by any members assigned by The Makeup Touch. Client(s) agree to release any and all claims regarding use of his/her image for such purposes. Client(s) also agrees to release name and contact information of professional photographers and/or videographers used for recording any event for which the makeup artist(s) an/or hair stylist(s) have been contracted for such services. Client(s) agree to release The Makeup Touch and affiliated artist(s) use of said photographer/videographer photographs and recordings.
This signed agreement serves as a release to client(s), photographer / videographer and authorises them to release to The Makeup Touch owners, affiliate artists photographs/recordings to use on any promotional and/or portfolio materials The Makeup Touch deems necessary.
We’re more than happy to be photographed on your wedding day but we ask that you please tag our social media accounts if an image showcases our hair and/or make-up designs and/or includes any members of The Makeup Touch.
Instagram @makeuptouch_bridal | Facebook @makeuptouch.sa
By paying the non-refundable deposit fee and signing below, you are acknowledging you have read, understand, accept and agree to The Makeup Touch’s Terms and Conditions.